Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Merry Christmas from our house to yours!

I have fixed my mantel pretty much the same year after year. 
I have always believed in Santa and I still love the Santas
I have collected over the years.  This wimsical golfer
appeals to my husband, the golfer in our family.




This merry little Santa was given to me
by a sweet teacher at school where I worked for
twenty-two years before retiring two years ago.

This old carved wooden Santa has shared many
Christmases with our family.  He makes me smile
every year when I take him out of the box.
I bought him at a local Christmas Open House in
the days before we had the big chain store. 
(I like the big stores, too, but I miss the days
when we had the "big reveal" of special
Christmas decorations at the Sunday
afternoon open houses.)

He's so quaint!  Love him!

A special friend gave this one to me - isn't he sweet!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment