Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Red


My daughter was looking at my posting,
"Dinner's Ready" and said,
"Mom, you need some red on your table."


So, I changed out the gold candles and potpourri in the hurricanes
and added red candles and red and gold beads.
I added these little trees (from Pier I years ago)
and the red table runner from a few Christmases ago.


I think she was right - I do need pops of red -
especially with my Christmas china


You might have guessed that we like antiques.
My husband has had a few challenges
refinishing some of our old furniture.
We probably have more old furniture in our
home than we do new.
Old pieces seem to have so much character.

~ If these old things could talk,
what stories would they have to tell? ~



Hand-stitched "Merry Christmas" from a
church bazaar in 1975.  I don't get rid of much
as you can see.  Besides, I love this and it was a gift
from a friend who moved away
and I haven't seen
in twenty-eight years.

No comments:

Post a Comment