Monday, March 28, 2011

Fun Find

A rainy day - A fun day for a hunt!!!

It rained all day Saturday so we headed
out to an antique mall about an hour from here.
We weren't looking for anything in
particular, but we did find a treasure or two.





Found this silverplate pie plate
with a
Pyrex insert
$2.99
(Not bad!!!)



And, y'all are always finding super good stuff
at Goodwill. 
Well, every time I stop at our local
Goodwill, I think there's no need of me ever going in there again.
But, as we were driving by the Goodwill on our way to
the antique mall,
we wheeled in and found this silver plate
"whatever". 
I know it isn't old and probably isn't worth much.
I don't know what it is for, but
I think it will be a fancy "cotton ball holder".
And, for $1.50, I figure it wasn't a bad buy.


While in Goodwill, I also found these
two Community silver plate serving pieces.
They were still sealed in the plastic so they have never
been used.  For $1.00 for the two pieces, I figured
I could serve some good veggies with the slotted spoon
and a spoon or two of sugar with the small spoon.
And girls, I didn't even have to get out the silver polish for these.

(And, I'm still looking for the Goodwill where y'all shop
and get all those nice "finds".)



I'm a sucker for bunnies and for $1.50,
I couldn't leave him sitting on the shelf by himself.
He hopped into my hands and came home with me.



Oh, it might be a "she" wearing the pink.



I told you I like bunnies.
This cute tin gardening bunny was
$5.00.
She makes me smile.





That's all the treasures we brought home with us Saturday.
But, it's fun piddlin' around and looking.
I'm blessed to be married to a guy who also enjoys
Junk Hunts.

I'm linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment