Saturday, January 8, 2011

My January Kitchen

New Dishes

I just had to show you my new dishes. 
I absolutely love dishes and see so many I like, but
most of the time, I leave them in the store.
But, these came home with me and I'm
lovin' how well they mix with my white
French Country everyday china.


Grandma's Apple
 Did your Grandma have an apple like this?
This belonged to my sweet little Grandma and was
given to me by my cousin a couple of years ago. 
I don't remember what Grandma used it for or know what it was made to be used for,
but it always sat on her
dresser and I'm proud I have it now.


This little pitcher belonged to my mother-in-law.
Isn't it sweet with some treasured tiny spoons?


Now, I can't remember where I got this
strawberry, it's not a family heirloom,
but it is very happy sitting in the cabinet with
my new dishes and other treasures.

 
Beautiful pineapple dish -
a gift from my daughter.
She brought this to me from one of
her trips to Mexico, I believe.
It is fun to use and I love it, too.


A fun lemon crockery planter holding yellow pears.
Actually, I had the pears and the lemon
container and just put them together.
I've seen some of you paint the back of your
glass-front cabinets.  I'm still thinking about that.
I love the ones I see on blogs.


My December counter was full of
Christmas fun.
Now, with Christmas all packed away,
I had to change things up a bit.
(Something I do quite often.)


How much does an egg weigh?

You've seen this old scale before. 
This is another flea market find
from thirty-some years ago.  By the way,
these eggs don't weigh much because they
are plastic and have been in my "collection"
for years and years. 
It seems I just never part with some things.


Can't forget the top of the 'fridge.
Santa watched from here last month.
The lemon theme is bright and sunny and
reminds me of summer - even though it's
so cold here.  B-r-r-r-r

No comments:

Post a Comment