Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Company is Coming!!!


This little guy has been busy baking.



He got out the Southern Living Cookbook and
got busy making these yummy
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies.
A big hit with everyone!!!


Chocolate Pecan Chess Pie
from the November issue of Southern Living.
Rich, chocolately and DEE-licious!!!


And, a new tasty treat is the
Chocolate Popcorn -
another Southern Living Recipe.
Popcorn, peanuts and almonds
are coated with a delicious chocolate mixture.
And if you don't eat it all as it comes hot out of the oven,
it makes cute gift tied up in a cellophane bag.


Someone called their "spread" of food
a "Groaning Table".
Loaded with goodies.



The cloche has toys from our childhood.
My cooktop is in the island, so
sweetie made a nice large tray
to fit over the burners so
I can better utilize the area for serving.




The table in the breakfast is set with
my snowman dishes.
(A gift from a sweet friend.)


Oops, I made this pic before
I put the silverware on the table ---
just use your imagination!!!





This Jolly Ole Man
watches me while I'm in the kitchen.


Love the Christmas season
with all the
lights,
food,
decorations,
and
friends coming for dinner,
fun and fellowship!!!
What a blessing!






Merry Christmas to all
and God's richest blessings
upon you and yours during the coming
New Year.

John 3:16

I'm linking to
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful home you have - I love your table setting and the tray that your hubby made for you for the island! I have a very similar dresser as in photo #10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you send your little guy to my house, I need some of that wonderful food! Your home is beautiful and how smart to make a tray to go the stove! Thanks for stopping by refresh restyle!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete