Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I'm Back

Hello Friends,
 
It's been a long time since I've posted.  Although I have continued to look at all the pretty things you are sharing on your blogs, I have missed sharing with you. 
 
We have had a lot happen in our lives and family since my last post and I just didn't have the time or the heart to blog.  God has brought us through and we know He is in control of all things.  We are thankful for health and the strength He gives us each day through His awesome power that affords us perfect peace!
 
I've done a few things around the house and plan to share with you as time allows.  (Since retirement, I've gotten really busy with volunteering and just piddling around.)
 
Stenciling, Burlap and Chalk
 
Ahh, this says it all. 
 
Hubby asked,
"Who needs a banner that announces summer?"
 
I DO!
 
Just because it's fun and I had an extra
spool of burlap ribbon in my craft supply.
I stitched it together with a jute rope.

You might notice my mantel is completely different
from my previous posts.  I've redecorated the
family room and gotten new furniture. 
I'll share my new look soon.

 
 
 
I was wanting to replace these cushions I use
in my kitchen chairs.
 
 
 
So, I went to Lowes and bought
a painters drop cloth.
 
I'm finding all sorts of things to use this fabric on.
 
 
I found this cute stencil and paint at
 
 Hobby Lobby.
 
 
Recovering the old cushions was
 
 easy and economical.
 
(Two of my favorite words!!!)
 
Just be sure to stencil before you
sew so the paint doesn't bleed through.
 
And, here's the finished project.
 
 
 
 

 
and a burlap ribbon holds my new
 
FUN
Chalkboard
 
with a reminder to always have
 
Happy Thoughts!


 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


1 comment:

  1. Hello Martha, My name is Pilar and I'm from Spain. I need to contact you. Is there a way to get in touch with you via mail? Post a comment to feedback. Many thanks. Pilar

    ReplyDelete