Thursday, January 12, 2012

Now, I Have Some TOO!!!

I've admired the deer antlers all over Blogland. 
Now, I have some too. 
My sweet friend's son found killed the deer them for us.
I was so afraid I would break them,
they look so delicate.
But, after "Googling" I found out that is not the case.
My hubby sawed the fur off and
I scrubbed them as outlined
in my Google Search.




Now, they are adorning my coffee table in the FR. 
I placed them there along with some
other things (treasures)
I have in my "stash". 





Notice my new find, my little black dog. 
I had a solid black
Cocker Spaniel when I was a little girl
 and when I found this
little chalk dog in an antique mall,
I felt like I had found my "Betty".


The book is open in the middle -
Since I was using it for display,
I didn't even notice what was written on the page.

"The reason a dog has so many friends
is because he wags
his tail instead of his tongue."


I'm linking to:


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous vignette. The antlers look good with your dog and display. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vignette looks wonderful! My husband is a hunter but he won't let me have the antlers! He likes to mount them on a board so I can only hang so many! Hoping to get him to cut a few! Love it!

    ReplyDelete