Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Crowning Touch

When we built our new home in 1992, we decided to wait to put up crown moulding.  Now, here we are - eighteen years later and we finally have beautiful crown moulding in our living room. 


Before - pretty plain



A little boring

Ho Hum...


All dressed up!!!


Pretty Corner Block
(Had to have these custom made because
 of the angles of our ceiling, but
I'm lovin' these decorative blocks!)

- Turn Back -
A new term for me, but I like the finished product. 

He did such a good job!
The beautiful, wide moulding was salvaged from the old hotel I told you they were tearing down in our city.  The same hotel where we bought the beautiful botantical prints.  After hours of sanding, priming, painting and hard labor, my sweet hubby finished today.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL and I am so proud of him and my moulding.

linking to: 

2 comments:

  1. I'm linking to Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great addition. We have lovely crown moulding in our formal rooms, but I'd really like to add it to the non-formal rooms as well - hope it doesn't take us 18 years ;).

    ReplyDelete