Friday, September 24, 2010

My Cozy Fall Breakfast Nook

This is my fall table in my breakfast nook and this is the china we use everyday.  The green rimmed dishes are some I have had for several years.  Once I used them in a plate rack on the wall, but after I changed colors in my kitchen and  found some apple plates, I retired these to the cabinet.  I change things around in my house almost daily.  I thought the little plates would be fun to use with my fall decor.  (They are one of my favorite finds - JCPenny marked downs.)  I love a bargain and especially a pretty one.

The old oak table was given to us by my husband's brother.  It was apart and in the trunk of a junk car.  He refinished it and we have enjoyed it first as a game table and now in our breakfast nook.  We found six old oak chairs which he also refinished to use with the table.  I've thought about replacing it with a glass-top round table, but find it hard to part with.

No comments:

Post a Comment